What does mathematics look like at Balksbury Federation?
Have a look at these pictures to find out...
How do we teach safeguarding and wellbeing through mathematics?
In mathematics, our children:
- Develop resilience and perseverance to keep trying and apply their knowledge through practise,
- Increase their own self-esteem and achieve their personal best by not comparing themselves to others,
- Solve problems using the knowledge that they already have,
- Understand that it is positive to make mistakes and learn from them,
- Use equipment safely,
- Support peers who are struggling in a sensitive way.