What does mathematics look like at Balksbury Federation?
Have a look at these pictures to find out...
How do we teach safeguarding and wellbeing through mathematics?
In mathematics, our children:
- Develop resilience and perseverance to keep trying and apply their knowledge through practise,
- Increase their own self-esteem and achieve their personal best by not comparing themselves to others,
- Solve problems using the knowledge that they already have,
- Understand that it is positive to make mistakes and learn from them,
- Use equipment safely,
- Support peers who are struggling in a sensitive way.
What will my child learn during their time at the Federation?
Our teachers use the following documents when teaching mathematics at Balksbury Federation.
Our approach is unique to us and has been designed to meets the needs of our children.